Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Afternoon Gouache Sketches





I work a regular 9 to 5 job. Although I occasionally get illustration assignments I don't make enough to live off them. My lunch hours at work are a sacred time for me. A time I devote to sketching. I'm lucky enough to work in a large print room by myself so I am able to close the door for that hour and keep the rest of the world outside while I sketch away.

I keep a set of gouache paints as well as travel with brushes, pens, pencils, a small water color set and a couple of art pads. Armed also with reference material I begin to work from 1 P.M. till 2.

These two gouache sketches were made on my lunch hours this week. The top is done from a photo I took of my son after he had his hair dyed green ( I don't know, that's what the kid wanted and we obliged him). The other is from a reference photo I got from a site called Draw-This which is an resource of art reference material.

Draw-This website -https://www.drawthis.com/

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the challenge of being creative and making a living 9-5. You are doing great work with your sacred time. Thanks for your lunch time inspirations!

    ReplyDelete