Monday, December 19, 2016

My Sketchbook Habit





What do I try to accomplish in my sketchbook besides trying to make better drawings? I try different styles, different marks. I flesh out characters from a story I will illustrate or a story I am reading or have read.

The sketchbook is a place to think, to play, to resolve fundamental things about putting a picture together or about drawing in general. Its for resolving how to draw an ear, how to construct a head from life, photos or imagination.

It is a place, a real place where I go to everyday.

 These sketches from my sketchbook are my daily sketches done on my lunch hour at work and time spent at the end of the day before I turn in for bed, Sometimes they are made early in the morning before taking off for work.


















No comments:

Post a Comment