Friday, July 15, 2016

Some Sketches In Gouache







During the work week there are two times I reserve for painting or drawing. During my lunch hour at work and the few hours I have before I go off to bed when I get home.

The timing does not always work out. Sometimes there are things to get done or other needs but it is a schedule I try to stick to.

Unfortunately that schedule (as well as limited space) has kept me from working on something more than small color sketches in watercolor, gouache, pencil or pen and ink. Would love to have the time and space to use oil paints and work on something larger. I like using the gouache medium because it is somewhere between oils and watercolor in that I can use water as a thinner like watercolors and I can also work in layers covering the paint underneath like oils. Its also quick to
clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment