Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Gouache Sketches on BFK Rives Printmaking Paper









These quick sketches were done before turning in for the day. I have a few sheets of BFK Rives print making paper saved from my college days. I used it for charcoal drawings back then and thought it should work really well with gouache, which it did. Very nice paper, takes wet washes and doesn't get warp also its very easy to build and blend the paint on this surface. A very nice painting experience.

I spent no more than two hours on each sketch.


3 comments:

  1. beautiful work in gouache. will you ever put out a video on working with gouache? that would be fascinating to watch and learn from. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A video would be great to do in the future.

      Delete
  2. Ditto on the video. I love seeing gouache on midtone grounds like this. They really pop.

    ReplyDelete