Monday, October 5, 2015

InkTober 2015




All though InkTober has been going on for sometime this is the first year I've heard of it. Thanks to posts on social media by artist friends eagerly anticipating the start of the month of October I was able to learn about it.

Started in 2009 by artist Jake Parker InkTober is a month long commitment to draw in pen and ink everyday and post the drawings online via blog or social media with the hashtag #InkTober. It is an event in which artist from all over the world participate in.

I am having a great deal of fun making these drawings and keeping with the schedule of posting them everyday on my Facebook page.

Pen and ink was a favorite medium as a kid. At first I was trying to imitate the drawings I saw in comics, especially the drawings of John Buscema inked by Alfredo Alcala in Savage Sword of Conan for Marvel Comics. Other artist influences followed like Bernie Wrightson and several of the artist from the Warren Magazines. Then I discovered the pen and ink artist of the past like Franklin Booth, Charles Dana Gibson, Joseph Clement Coll,etc.

Although I don't use the medium as often as I used to It is still one that I love to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment