Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sketching




Draw everywhere and all the time. An artist is a sketchbook with a person attached. (Irwin Greenberg)

Everyday I come back home from work and after  taking a few minutes to talk to the wife and kids I head straight for my drawing table. I spend the rest of the evening in my sketchbook, or at least I try to.

 'You can't do sketches enough. Sketch everything and keep your curiosity fresh.' (John Singer Sargent)


I also use my lunch hour to sketch. I have the luxury of being able to close my door so that no one would disturb me as I gulp down a quick lunch and spend the remainder of the time drawing in my sketchbook. I've also gone out to a nearby park to sketch. They have removed most of the benches for people to sit on but I have a portable chair I will bring along this summer.

The bottom two sketches were done on my IPad. The drawing (which was done on the train ride home) is done in an app called Bamboo and the painting was done in an app called ArtRage.


No comments:

Post a Comment