Saturday, June 20, 2015

Just Keep Drawing










I've read many articles about artist block and what people do to overcome it

Right now I don't have a clue as to what I'm going to work on next, but I'm not stuck. That's what sketchbooks are for. I just sit down and make a bunch of random sketches, pull out reference photo's, look in a mirror and do a self portrait, draw from imagination, ask one of my family members to pose or go outside and sketch.

An idea will come and when it does there will be no rust to shake off because of the constant sketching.

In my sketchbook I work in a variety of media. Pencil, pen and ink, brush and ink and wash, watercolor (transparent and opaque). This keeps it fun and interesting.

Oh, and digital sketches too. Mostly done in Sketchbook Pro.


No comments:

Post a Comment