Monday, May 11, 2015

Warm Up Sketches







Still grieving my Mothers passing and its been a difficult Mothers Day weekend because of it. Over the past few weeks I've managed to do a very little bit of personal work. Thank goodness for a bit of illustration work. That has helped keep me busy drawing in pen and ink and coloring digitally.  Would be nice if I can make a living doing the illustrations but jobs don't come often enough.



Any way, once I finish the assignments I will post some of the finished illustrations. For now I am posting sketches that I use to warm up before I do illustration work. I also find it very relaxing and fun to do these sketches at the end of the day or on my lunch break at work.












All of these were done quickly, an hour at the most. With the exception of the Gouache painting on the top left. I kept my sketchbook opened at my table over a period of days and just kept adding to the image every free chance I got.

4 comments:

  1. My sympathy to you and your family at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sorry for taking so long to reply, it is still difficult sometimes. I appreciate your response.

      Delete
  2. condolence and sympathy for your loss. It's flabbergasting to me that as talented as an artist as you don't find jobs coming easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for both your condolence's and the compliment. Sorry for the late reply.

      Delete