Wednesday, December 31, 2014

End Of The Year Art Blog Post



It's been a few years now that I started this blog. When I started it I was in a rut artistically. I had let go of my dreams and as a result I felt like I had neglected a part of my soul. I feel that I am a long way from when I started but still a long way from where I would like to be. It has however been a great if sometimes frustrating, humbling and challenging journey so far.

When I look back at the post I made when I started this blog I'm a bit embarrassed by some of the work, but we all start from that point of where we are. It's where we end up that matters.

Makes me think of one of my all time favorite art quotes from the Japanese Master Katsushika Hokusai,

“From the age of 6 I had a mania for drawing the shapes of things. When I was 50 I had published a universe of designs. But all I have done before the the age of 70 is not worth bothering with. At 75 I'll have learned something of the pattern of nature, of animals, of plants, of trees, birds, fish and insects. When I am 80 you will see real progress. At 90 I shall have cut my way deeply into the mystery of life itself. At 100, I shall be a marvelous artist. At 110, everything I create; a dot, a line, will jump to life as never before. To all of you who are going to live as long as I do, I promise to keep my word. I am writing this in my old age. I used to call myself Hokusai, but today I sign my self 'The Old Man Mad About Drawing.” 

Looking forward to the New Year and working harder and better.

P.S.
Please stop by Society 6 and take a look through Prints of my work as well as other sale items with my work on it. Your purchase's will help support my work.






Click HERE for Society 6



1 comment:

  1. Your work is amazing! I like to draw as a hobbie, and yours is a good inspiraion for me! :)

    ReplyDelete