Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sketching With Water Soluble Pencils






Water brush
I had used water soluble pencils before, but after purchasing a video by Artist James Gurney called Watercolor In The Wild I started using them again.


I use them on the subway and when I visit my Mom. All I need is a couple of pencils and a Niji Water brush. Sometimes I use a small watercolor set. I have a Windsor and Newton Field Box With 12 half pan's. It's small but I want to try to find something even smaller especially for when I'm sketching in the subway.


Its been a while since I took my sketchbook outdoors. The park near my job has been closed for over two years while they work on what I can only guess are repairs of damages from the last big storm in the area. When time permits I will make some trips to City Island and then the Botanical Gardens, both in the Bronx.

Recently I took my oils and my new pochade box and went out to the parkway near my home with my son and painted some trees there. My son used a set of watercolors and painted alongside me. But that's a story for another post.

Bellow I included the link to James Gurney's website as well as the link to his post on his video and where you can purchase it.





Windsor and Newton Field Box





James Gurney's blog Gurney Journey   http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/

Blog post on Watercolor In The Wild Video   http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2014/08/watercolor-in-wild-releases-today.html
















No comments:

Post a Comment