Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Working On Arches Oil Paper



A short time back I purchased a pad of Arches Oil Paper. I had not had a chance to use it up until now. It was a lot of fun to work with.

There are a lot of advantages to using this paper. There is no need to prepare the paper; it comes ready to paint on. I just taped a sheet on to a board and placed the board on my French easel and started painting. The paper absorbs the paint, which is just fine for me because I don’t like working on a slick surface. I can work with thin paint or thick. It is a good quality archival paper. It comes in pads, sheets and rolls. It’s less expensive than canvas and easier to store.



So far I’ve had one try with this paper and I can’t wait to use it again. Now since I’ve gotten back into painting with oils using this paper would help both in cost and storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment