Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sketching From Memory And Imagination










Once again I find myself with little time on my hands and taking to my trusty sketchbook with every spare moment. That would be my lunch brakes and that time I wake up in the early morning before anyone else does. I like the early morning most of all.

Irwin Greenberg, my painting teacher in the High School of Art and Design, wrote an article about his sketch habit of waking up in the morning and starting off in his sketchbook to warm up for a days work of painting. He would sketch from memory faces that he saw while watching television the night before. I do a variation of that and try to recall the face's of people on the subway or someone I saw in the street or on my job, etc. Of course I also make a whole bunch of doodles from my imagination.



No comments:

Post a Comment