Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sometimes Busy Weeks Are Good.









Okay, I haven't been ignoring this blog and I definitely haven't taken a break from work. It's good to be busy right now and I have been. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be able to give some details about the project I've been working on.

In the meantime I have completed 3 illustrations, two spots for a magazine and a book cover. With the kids getting ready to go back to school those jobs came in at a good time.

Of course there is always the ongoing commitment to paint or draw everyday. On the top left is a drawing I did on the subway. The man was standing a bit of a distance from me and he definitely saw me drawing him. That made him a bit nervous I guess so I did my best to draw him quickly.




When I got back home I used the sketch to create the colored drawing at left in Sketchbook Pro 6. Taking the sketches I made outdoors and working them up at home is fun to do and is good practice.

I also created a video that I posted on YouTube. The video is embedded below. I also include  another video underneath that one. A time lapse video of  a painting completed in Sketchbook Pro 6 and related to the project I alluded to earlier. I will let out more details about the project in the coming weeks, but hopefully this will look interesting enough to make you curious.



No comments:

Post a Comment