Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My First Paintings On Artrage








Ever since a friend emailed me information on Artrage a few years back I had always been curious about the program. I have purchased many different graphic software over the years, the one I have enjoyed using the most is Sketchbook Pro. Now I have another program that I am enjoying just as much.

Its going to take me a while to learn Artrage. The program has a lot more tools and options. I really like the way the program mimics the paint, watercolors really look like watercolors and the same with the oils. Its easy to start working but there is a lot to learn in order to take full advantage of the program. What I like about Sketchbook Pro is that there is no big learning curve, you just pretty much have to learn where everything is and with just a few tweaks to your brushes or tools your off and running. Artrage is a little bit more than that but the potential is great. I just had a conversation about some of the presets on the program and that was eye opening.

The illustrations here are my first go at the oil brush and the watercolor brush

I'm not comfortable with the program yet but I like the way the brushes look.


No comments:

Post a Comment