Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Convenience Of Drawing And Painting On the Computer









Drawing on my computer is a great convenience. It’s like having an open sketchbook always in front of me or a clean canvas on the easel with all my paints out, neatly arranged. When life gets too hectic or I feel like I just can’t bring myself to the drawing table I can sit down in front of my computer with my tablet and begin to sketch.  I just like making images and it doesn’t matter what tools I use to create the image.

 
Having a monitor that I can actually draw on helps a great deal. I use a Cintiq 12wx which is an old model. The newer version is  the Cintiq 13HD. These models are their more affordable versions, though if I had the cash I would buy the large monitors. It is well worth the money. You can have a look at their tablets on their website here.


This past weekend I found myself busy with an assignment. The only personal work I managed to do are the sketches I did on my computer in-between breaks. I made use of what little time I had experimenting with some images I made in Sketchbook Pro 6, bringing them into Photoshop to create an watercolor affect. 
  

Also spent time practicing with the pencil and ink brush tools in Sketchbook Pro. 










2 comments:

  1. You have so much skill. If you don't make art for a living, you should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation for your work!!!!
    A lot of amazing drawings and paintings and nice tricks. I had never heard about bristol and watercolors, it looks interesting and I will try it soon.
    The characters from imagination are really good too.
    I let you a link to a french illustrator called Jean Baptiste Monge, the guy is very good too. Hope you like it...

    http://www.jbmonge.com/

    &

    http://blog.jbmonge.com/

    ReplyDelete