Thursday, April 11, 2013

Watercolor Sketching











It’s very hard to keep up the habit of painting daily, especially when I have so little time reserved for myself. Most of the times I’m writing up these blog entries on my lunch hour at work and as the weather start’s getting warmer I will be taking my watercolors outside on my lunch hour. When I get home from work I spend time with the family, wind down and then make sure that the kids start getting ready for their next day of school. We all go to bed by 8:30 P.M. and wake up at 5:00 A.M. I so look forward to the weekends but I still need to put in that time painting daily. 


There are times when I get up at 3:00 in the morning and with everyone else asleep I have up until
5:00 to paint either a project I started on the weekend or sketch to keep up the practice of working daily. 

Here are something’s that have helped me.


 My digital camera. I have a couple of good cameras but
mostly I rely on a Canon 21 megapixel with 12X optical
zoom. I usually take this with me when I go sketching
outside and take a picture of what it is I’m painting so t
hat I can finish it up later or use the sketch and the photo
reference for some larger work. I may also come across
something in my travels that I don’t have time to stop and
sketch so I take  photos to work on later. The watercolor
sketches I have here are from photos I took of a crowd
scene. I picked out some faces that looked interesting to
me and used them when I was sketching at 3 A.M.


          I carry an assortment of pencils, brushes,
   pens and sketchpads all the time. I sketch
   on the trains traveling to and from work,
   in the park on my lunch hour during
   the spring and summer months and
   maybe sometimes I would stop by this
   parkway near my home where I can
   sit on a bench and paint before the sun
   goes down.


          I buy lots of books on artist whose work inspires me.
   I read magazines, blogs and articles on the internet, I
   join in conversations about art and I strive to stay inspired.




 
                   

1 comment:

  1. Just wondering, what blogs do you follow?

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete