Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Drawing From Imagination Tutorial - Video



I posted a video tutorial on YouTube on how to draw the male head from imagination. The biggest thing I wanted to pass along is how important it is to know or recognize the foundation of the skull underneath all the features, that the features are placed where and how they are because of the skull.

Hopefully I explained it well enough and the demonstrations helped. I post the drawings here as well as embed the video. I would appreciate any feed back about the video. Was it helpful? Was it clear? Is there something else that anyone would like to see as far as doing more tutorial's?

I do plan to do another on drawing the female face of course.










1 comment:

  1. What I really love about your work is the rhythm in the lines and shapes you draw. I can really see the Buscema influence in the linework especially. Could you talk about how to get more of this life into one's drawing since my own work is deficient in it.
    Thanks for all the time you put into all this!

    ReplyDelete