Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pen and Ink and Oil Painting In Sketchbook Pro 6








          

   I have tried out many painting software programs -Corel, Photoshop, Gimp, etc. But my favorite so far is Sketchbook Pro 6. It’s easy to learn, fun to use and the tools simulate traditional tools so well. I use it like I would use an actual sketchbook. I can make brush, pen, pencil, or marker drawings, even oil paintings. I still prefer working with traditional mediums because for one thing I have a real painting that I can hang or sell rather than a virtual work.  Then again, working with the software I’ll have a digital piece that I can make multiple copies of and sell as prints. That’s why artist made etchings, in order to make multiple copies of a work so that they can sell a piece to more collectors. 

The two Pieces on the top and bottom were done in a way that simulates oil paints (In my opinion). The brush strokes look like paint. The two black and white drawings are obviously made to look like pen and ink and brush and ink with gray markers.






A few weeks ago I upgraded to Sketchbook Pro 6 and I have been having fun since. I have posted videos I made as I worked using this program and will continue to post videos on my YouTube Channel.



 I also made a fun little Dracula sketch and posted that video as well. I include it bellow just for fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment