Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Painting Left Handed Continued







 Still trying to continue painting left handed while my right is in a splint healing. Been relying on gouache since I can make changes more easily. The hardest thing about painting left handed is that my brain and hand seem to have difficulty communicating. I try to put down a line or a brush stroke one way and my left hand seems to want to go in the opposite direction.It's easy to get frustrated because I'm never putting down exactly what I want when I draw or paint, but then again I was always critical of the work I did right handed but at least I had better control then.

I have another visit with the Doctor in two days. Hopefully they will change the splint so that it no longer covers my hand entirely and then I will be able to get some use out of it.


I think I did better on this painting of my Mother but there are areas in the painting that I just gave up on because they were to difficult to do left handed.

1 comment:

  1. Sus pinturas y dibujos son muy hermosos. Encuentro increible que pueda pintar con la mano izquierda siendo diestro. Espero que muy pronto recupere su mano derecha. Mis sinceras felicitaciones por su arte.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete