Saturday, November 12, 2011

More Digital Sketches In Sketchbook Pro and Corel Painter Essentials




There are a few things that keep me coming back to digital work, (1) Its new to me and I like learning new mediums. (2) Its super convenient, no set up or clean up. (3) I don't want to fall behind. I see a lot of older people who are afraid of the computer, (I had a coworker who was a supervisor and was afraid to send emails. He would always ask his assistant to send them until his boss demanded he do it himself). I want to stay current and at the same still work in the traditional media that I enjoy. All media present a life long challenge, not just to master the technical aspect of the tools but to use them expressively. Its the image not the medium that is important.

The first two images on this post were done in Sketchbook Pro. This program is inexpensive and easy to learn. Although I know I haven't learned all this program can do. I can't afford to take classes so I look for videos and tutorials on how people use these programs to learn as much as I can.

The third piece was done in Corel Painter Essentials. I think this program came free with my Cintiq. I wish I could afford the pro version but this version is a lot of fun to use. I really wish I can take a class on this one because it has a lot more tools than the Sketchbook Pro. The good thing is what I don't know doesn't stop this sketching from being fun to do.



 

2 comments: