Sunday, June 19, 2011

Watercolor Sketches and Video Demos




Here is the sketch I did at Battery Park


Decided to use my imagination a bit hear. I took one of the sketches I made in Battery Park and used a tree as reference for the exercise on the left. Felt a little more relax doing this since it was mostly playing with the brush. I used an Isabey squirrel hair brush. The brush holds a lot of paint and water and makes beautiful broad washes, lines and marks. I did a video recording of the sketch in progress.
video


I had so much fun doing that one I couldn't stop there so I did another. I think I should have given a little more care to how I painted the house and fence on this one, but I was happy with the Broad washes of paint on this one and the marks made with a loaded brush.
video





No comments:

Post a Comment