Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Worst Thing About Weekends


The worst thing about the weekend is that it's over to soon. There is so much that I want to do, somethings I never get around to, and there is just not enough time. This particular weekend I wanted to work on a painting I started as well as complete an illustration job that is due Monday.  I got the illustration assignment done spent a great deal of time painting today but I didn't give enough time to my family this weekend so I'm going to have to use tomorrow to make up for that, then its back to my 9 to 5, Monday through Friday. That's why my weekends mean so much to me, I try to cram a whole weeks worth of  art in two days. Wish I had more time.
The painting of my son on the upper left was done because I refused to go to sleep. I stayed up late into the night to continue painting



The other two pieces here are the beginning stages of a painting I was doing of my wife. The first one was after the first day of painting.
I finally felt safe working in oils again since my kids are now 9 and 11.





 This one was photo graphed as it sat on my easel today, still wet. I've got a way to go yet with this one, but its going to have to wait for next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment