Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pen and Ink Exercise


This is the pencil drawing that I
based the ink drawing on.


For a few days now I’ve managed to get myself up early, (4 A.M.), to get some work done before I wake the kids to get them ready for school and myself ready to travel to work. I decided to start these mornings up with pen and ink exercises. Since I didn’t have anything else to work on I figured these exercises would lead to an idea.
What it has lead to was the realization that I’m out of practice with the medium so I took up this exercise of making several versions of the same drawing. These are not all the drawings, only the more successful ones. Still not satisfied with the work but the exercise has got me looking forward to the next morning to try again.


Version 1

Version 2

Version 3

No comments:

Post a Comment