Sunday, January 23, 2011

Digital Sketching with Sketchbook Pro and Corel Painter Essentials

I spent the weekend on my computer sketching using the various programs I’ve collected. They are very convenient to use especially since I have an active household. The kids make it hard sometimes to claim the space I need for the more traditional art materials, (though I much prefer to use them). All I need is my computer and a tablet, (I have a Bamboo tablet and a Cintiq),and I’m good to go. The two programs I used this weekend are some of the best and inexpensive ones I have. I used Auto Desks Sketchbook Pro for the Dinosaur and the Pirate video that I include in this post and Corel Painter Essentials 3 for the portrait. Its been a little while since I’ve used Sketchbook Pro so it seemed I had to try and find the tools I knew were there as I worked on these. Corel Painter Essentials I used only about four times in the two years I had the program so that a little difficult. These programs are fun to use and help keep me busy creatively.








No comments:

Post a Comment