Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Struggle.








Life has truly been busy, and not always in a good way. I have been living up to the title of this blog in trying to be creative while navigating through life. A personal crisis threatened my employment because it required that I leave earlier for a period of four weeks, I was putting in half days through much of that time which tried the patience of my supervisor, (though I have to really appreciate the fact that he hung in their with me). Money put away dwindled because of needs at home, but I managed to persevere and things are better now. Through that time I kept to my sketchbook, drawing even if it is only a few lines that I can put down- so much of my life, my time and energy go to others, this very private time to draw and keep up with art (books, magazines, articles on the internet, etc.) is what I keep to myself. I managed to keep posting here but not as much as I wanted to, but I kept going. Sometimes I can do more, sometimes the efforts bleed out of me. My sketchbook was like a life preserver to me. There was always something more I wanted to do, to draw and wish I had more time to paint, always more to do. Now I just need to make time to go to the Metropolitan museum of Art- when I was a student I spent almost every weekend there.







No comments:

Post a Comment