Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Outta' My Head', Drawing from Imagination

When I paint or draw I enjoy it most when I am drawing from nature, be it outdoors or painting from a model posed before me. Not so much for the end product but because the experience of it is so enjoyable. There is also the occasion where there is no model available, ( and you can do only so many self portraits ), so I turn to my imagination. I still do like to work this way but I think when I do I am applying what I learned from observation, ( exaggerating and cartooning as well as trying to make it appear as if it exists in the real world ), and when I work from life I am still learning and I like being the student better.

So in my head there is this world that exist peopled by characters from comic books, movies and literature, and then there’s dinosaurs and memory drawings and just doodles that have all kind of reasons for being. It can be fun and it keeps my hand moving.




















 

No comments:

Post a Comment