Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Many Sketchbooks


Stalker


Sketch for Stalker


I have a habit of keeping several sketch books going at one time. I keep one for sketching from life/nature another for watercolors and yet another for drawing from my imagination or doodling. The one I wind up drawing in the most is the sketchbook for doodling. I usually make sketches trying to recall someone I saw on the train or I just try to sketch different characters. I also freeze the television and draw from the image on the screen. Dinosaurs or maybe some fantasy creature like a dragon are fun to draw. Sometimes these sketches lead to a more finished piece like the one of the T-Rex walking through the swamp.
Another way of keeping my imagination going is to read a story- Poe or Tolkien or whatever else- I would try to sketch the images that appeared in my head as I read.
I have added to my sketching tools a Cintiq tablet and a number of programs- Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, Corel Painter, etc.





 


Sketch from my watercolor sketchbook
Sketch of Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption
done while watching the movie on my television
Sketch that latter became a digital painting

Digital Sketches













1 comment:

  1. Muy bonitos... me gusto principalmente la aguarela.

    I really like your drawings. specially the watercolour image.

    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete